Image: Rockwell Collins
Gogo Business Aviation customers can now have access to Airshow moving maps, thanks to a new partnership with Rockwell Collins.
According to Rockwell Collins, Airshow includes:
- Detailed, interactive high-definition satellite 3-D maps
- Multi-touch, gesture-based roaming, zooming and navigation
- Customized user display settings and layers, available in portrait or landscape mode
- Points of interest pop-up panel with images and captions
- Consolidated view of maps and flight information into one display
- Multiple viewpoint options including cockpit, pilot head-up display and window seats
“This collaborative effort with Gogo provides us another avenue for bringing our industry-leading Airshow into the hands of business aircraft passengers,” said Greg Irmen, VP and GM of Flight Controls and Information Systems for Rockwell Collins. “Airshow is the most deployed moving map in aviation because of its advanced technology and features that keep passengers and crew interactively connected with their flight experience.”
Users can employ Airshow in their business aviation cabins without additional hardware. Instead, customers are to activate an account with Rockwell Collins and download the Airshow Mobile 2 app.