Air Taxis and the Promise of “Urban Air Mobility”
The future of aviation and on-demand mobility is arriving rapidly, with groundbreaking advances in technology and airspace integration happening every week.
Stay tuned to this page for our ongoing coverage of the burgeoning electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) air taxi industry. Here are just a few of the main topics we’re focusing on below:
- Can regulators match the rapid pace of private industry?
- What infrastructure is necessary to launch a UAM ecosystem within a city?
- How will eVTOLs safely and certifiably operate autonomously?
- Will the public approve of multiple “air taxis” flying overhead at any given moment?
- Is there enough demand for on-demand air mobility to justify the massive investment taking place?
- What type of new and innovative avionics will be featured in next generation eVTOLs?
Last week, Siemens shared that it is collaborating with Skyway to develop vertiports and to evaluate the necessary infrastructure—particularly electrical and digital—for supporting vertiport operations.…
RYSE Aero Technologies recently announced the opening of the reservation system for their ultralight eVTOL [electric vertical take-off and landing] vehicle, the RECON. The eVTOL…
Despite being on average less than 20 minutes away from a regional airport, most Americans spend time either driving to their final destination or driving…