Air Taxis and the Promise of “Urban Air Mobility”
The future of aviation and on-demand mobility is arriving rapidly, with groundbreaking advances in technology and airspace integration happening every week.
Stay tuned to this page for our ongoing coverage of the burgeoning electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) air taxi industry. Here are just a few of the main topics we’re focusing on below:
- Can regulators match the rapid pace of private industry?
- What infrastructure is necessary to launch a UAM ecosystem within a city?
- How will eVTOLs safely and certifiably operate autonomously?
- Will the public approve of multiple “air taxis” flying overhead at any given moment?
- Is there enough demand for on-demand air mobility to justify the massive investment taking place?
- What type of new and innovative avionics will be featured in next generation eVTOLs?
Ampaire, a Los Angeles-based company that upgrades existing aircraft to hybrid-electric power, recently announced that it has selected Electric Power Systems to supply propulsion battery…
Regent announced this week that its all-electric quarter-scale seaglider technology demonstrator completed its first flight. The seaglider is the first vehicle to take off from…
NASA recently published a whitepaper outlining more than 450 considerations for selecting vertiport locations. According to Nancy Mendonca, Deputy of the AAM Mission Integration Office…