Air Taxis and the Promise of “Urban Air Mobility”
The future of aviation and on-demand mobility is arriving rapidly, with groundbreaking advances in technology and airspace integration happening every week.
Stay tuned to this page for our ongoing coverage of the burgeoning electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) air taxi industry. Here are just a few of the main topics we’re focusing on below:
- Can regulators match the rapid pace of private industry?
- What infrastructure is necessary to launch a UAM ecosystem within a city?
- How will eVTOLs safely and certifiably operate autonomously?
- Will the public approve of multiple “air taxis” flying overhead at any given moment?
- Is there enough demand for on-demand air mobility to justify the massive investment taking place?
- What type of new and innovative avionics will be featured in next generation eVTOLs?
Joby Aviation, Inc., a company developing electric air taxis for commercial passenger service, today announced it has become the first developer of electric vertical take-off…
Overair, an emerging developer of all-electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, has entered a strategic collaboration with leading private jet management company, fixed-base operator,…
Joby Aviation, a company developing electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for commercial passenger service has signed a definitive agreement with Helo Holdings to…
TrustFlight announced that Redstar Aviation, Turkey’s leading Air Ambulance operator, has selected the company’s Centrik software to streamline its safety and quality management system for…
This is the fourth in a series of articles exploring development of eVTOL batteries. Batteries for emerging electronic vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft are…