Air Taxis and the Promise of “Urban Air Mobility”
The future of aviation and on-demand mobility is arriving rapidly, with groundbreaking advances in technology and airspace integration happening every week.
Stay tuned to this page for our ongoing coverage of the burgeoning electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) air taxi industry. Here are just a few of the main topics we’re focusing on below:
- Can regulators match the rapid pace of private industry?
- What infrastructure is necessary to launch a UAM ecosystem within a city?
- How will eVTOLs safely and certifiably operate autonomously?
- Will the public approve of multiple “air taxis” flying overhead at any given moment?
- Is there enough demand for on-demand air mobility to justify the massive investment taking place?
- What type of new and innovative avionics will be featured in next generation eVTOLs?
Last week, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) company Jetson announced the appointment of a new CEO—industry expert Stéphan D’haene. He previously served as the…
Archer Aviation and United Airlines announced the first commercial route for eVTOL (electric vertical take-off and landing) aircraft—from Newark Airport to a heliport in downtown…
Earlier this month, eVTOL developer Lilium achieved a significant milestone. Its Phoenix 2 tech demonstrator aircraft hit the targeted maximum speed during a flight test—about…