Business & GA

BA, GA Avionics Sales Drop to $2.4 Billion in 2015

By Woodrow Bellamy III | February 24, 2016
Send Feedback


The connected panel concept from Aspen Avionics
The connected panel concept from Aspen Avionics. Photo: Aspen Avionics

 [Avionics Today 02-24-2016] Global sales of business and general aviation avionics reached $2.4 billion in 2015, according to the 2015 year-end avionics market report released by the Aircraft Electronics Association (AEA). The $2.4 billion total was a 4.4 percent decrease from the total avionics sales reported by AEA for 2014, which amounted to $2.5 billion. 

Of the more than $2.4 billion in sales in 2015, 50.9 percent came from forward-fit (avionics equipment installed by airframe manufacturers during original production) sales, or more than $1.2 billion. Avionics retrofitting activity accounted for the remaining 49.1 percent of sales, a slight increase from the 48.6 percent of total sales that retrofitting accounted for in 2014. 

 
The majority of sales volume featured in the report, 64.2 percent, occurred within North America with the remaining 35.8 percent occurring internationally.

Receive the latest avionics news right to your inbox