Photo courtesy of Universal Avionics
Universal Avionics has received FAA technical standard order authorization for its InSight Display System, the company said.
InSight is designed with open architecture, giving it the ability to support multiple interfaces. System configuration options are available for 3- or 4- 10.4" (diagonal) EFI-1040 displays, the company said. The product requires fewer line replaceable units, which reduces weight and wiring, as well as installation downtime.
The system features embedded next-generation synthetic vision with advanced mapping capability, Universal Avionics said. It also has embedded charts, radio control and broadcast weather. Other features include:
- Pilot-selectable display screen layouts
- Multiple stored user profiles and configurations
- Embedded configuration options for multiple autopilot types, weather radar systems, comm/nav systems and air data systems
- Support for single-speed, heading and altitude controllers or configurations with multiple separate controllers
- High-speed Ethernet bus
- An electronic flight instrument system control display unit that consolidates multiple controllers, including the flight displays, FMS, radios, weather, traffic, and terrain, into one centralized point-and-click control device
Insight can also provide “a path to meet future mandates and requirements,” the company said, such as performance-based navigation, controller-pilot data link communications, future air navigation system 1/A+, Data Comm and others.