King KX 155/165 Nav/Comm. Photo: BendixKing
TKM Avionics has unveiled a new slide-in replacement for King KX155/165 Nav/Comms, the company said. Announced at Sun 'n Fun International Fly-In and Expo in Florida over the weekend, the product can replace every variation of the original King radio and can operate on either a 14- or 28-volt system.
The product comes with a master volume knob that allows navigation and communication volumes to be modified separately. The product is EASA-compliant and plug-and-play capable. TKM plans to release the new radio this summer.
Other features include:
- Active and standby flip-flop displays
- Software-based and software-upgradable digital technology
- High-visibility, alphanumeric touch-screen display
- High-sensitivity tuner with improved output quality
- Interfaces with existing equipment in panel
- Built-in 40-channel glideslope receiver
- Very high frequency omni-directional range (VOR)/line-out converter with built-in VOR indicator