|Pro Line Fusion flight deck for the TRJ328 and TRP328. Photo: Rockwell Collins
[Avionics Today 07-13-2016] Turkey-based TRJet Havacilik Teknolojileri Anonim Ã
Å¾irketi (TRJet) has selected Rockwell Collins’ Pro Line Fusion integrated avionics system for its new TRJ328 aircraft and TRP328 turboprop, with first deliveries expected in 2020. Rockwell Collins will collaborate with Turkish companies for production, support and training opportunities.
Pro Line Fusion for the TRJ328 and TRP328 integrates all flight deck systems, including communication, navigation, surveillance, and air traffic management, to help pilots more easily manage flight operations. Key features include:
• Three 14-inch touchscreen LCD flight displays enable pilots to keep heads up and eyes out the window during critical phases of flight;
• Touch-controlled flight planning uses high-resolution synthetic vision, real-time onboard weather overlays and obstacles for expanded situational awareness and reduced workload;
• Baseline geo-referenced electronic navigation charts display own-ship aircraft position for enhanced situational awareness during approaches;
• Special mission operations such as tactical flight patterns for border patrol, surveillance, tactical landings, search and rescue, and cargo airdrops, as well as a full-screen, high-resolution sensor video display; and
• Ability for operators to self-configure the avionics system to accommodate variation in equipage, platform-unique caution/advisories, maintenance logic and checklists;
TRJet is also planning to add Rockwell Collins’ MultiScan radar with predictive windshear for its avionics system, providing comprehensive weather analysis and threat detection during flight. The radar’s Geographic Weather Correlation application accurately depicts weather and weather-related hazards at any location around the globe.