SIAEC in JV with Panasonic Avionics

By Tish Drake | November 4, 2010
Send Feedback

Singapore-based SIA Engineering Company Limited (SIAEC) on Thursday announced a joint venture with Panasonic Avionics, of Lake Forest, Calif., to set-up a Singapore facility for the maintenance, repair and overhaul of Panasonic’s in-flight entertainment and communications (IFEC) systems and components. Under the agreement, SIAEC will hold a 42.5% equity shareholding in the joint venture, with the remaining 57.5% owned by Panasonic.

The companies said the strategic location will enable airlines in the Asia-Pacific to benefit from one-stop total solutions and OEM support.

“Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region have always been an important, strategic market for Panasonic," said Yasu Enokido, Panasonic Avionics president and chief operating officer. "Leveraging the strengths of our two companies, this new Centre of Excellence for IFEC systems will better serve the needs of Asia-Pacific airlines and their rapidly expanding fleets with high-quality, responsive, and flexible maintenance services.”

Receive the latest avionics news right to your inbox