|The Green Challenge in Aviation:
How “Clean” Technology Will Affect You
A Webinar presented by Aviation Today
Originally Aired Tuesday, July 31, 2007
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. ET
VIEW ON DEMAND
Schedule this Webinar with your team.
Early Bird price of $347 per site location.
How will the embrace of “clean” technology in aviation affect your way of doing business – and your bottom line?
Air transport could very well become the next environmental villain. The growing concern over global warming and air pollutants threatens to put a damper on the aviation industry’s unprecedented growth. Political pressure is mounting for aviation to slash its greenhouse gas emissions as well as its noise levels.
A concerted effort is now underway to reduce the industry’s carbon footprint and to make the industry a better world citizen. New technologies are either under development or already implemented. Stepping up to the plate to meet the green challenge are the major OEMs, including Boeing and Airbus, as well as the major engine makers, including Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, GE, and Turbomeca. This webinar will examine all manifestations of clean technology in aviation.
Our experts will convey the very latest information about:
- Composite aircraft structures, as embodied by Boeing’s 787 Dreamliner.
- Engines that are quieter, more fuel efficient and less polluting.
- Alternative fuels, such as bio-fuels.
- Regulatory efforts to drastically cut the sulfur content of aviation fuel.
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) solutions, such as better ATM flow control.
- Noise-reduction technologies.
- Operational improvements, such as more efficient approaches to airports.
- Re-directed corporate priorities, exemplified by Boeing’s new Environmental Officer.
- Unavoidable political pressures emanating from Washington and Europe.
…and lots more!
National Aviation Reporter, The Washington Post.
General Manager, Line Maintenance Services
Pratt & Whitney Global Service Partners
Editor-in-Chief, Aviation Maintenance Magazine
Publisher/Editorial Director, Aviation Today
For our Early Bird price of $347, you and your entire team can take part in this unique conference brought to you by Aviation Today. You can view it at your desk or gather around a speakerphone in a conference room - no travel required! Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for six months.
Don't miss this exclusive Webinar on July 31st. Register you and your team today!
- Decision makers at airlines, both large and small
- Top managers at any aviation company with an interest in more efficient operations
- Aviation industry analysts and investors
- Officials involved in aviation environmental programs
- Anyone involved in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft, and
- Anyone involved in the manufacture of aircraft or aircraft parts
It's easy and convenient! You just need RealPlayer or Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
Use speakers on your computer or speakerphone on your telephone and invite your entire staff to attend for one low Early Bird price of $297.00 USD per site.
For the audio connection:
- A computer with RealPlayer or Windows Media Player installed. When you log into the Virtual Seminar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- If you do not have RealPlayer or Windows, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
For the Internet connection:
- PC: 166Mhz Pentium-based PC or better
- Operating system: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. However, any version of IE 4.0 or higher will work. For Netscape, only versions 4.x are supported at this time.
- Internet connection: 28.8 or faster connection
- Display set at 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 6.4 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using RealPlayer, Version 7.0 or later is required.
Download a supported RealPlayer
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 866-709-8255 or click here.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 866-709-8255 or click here. For content questions regarding this Webinar, contact John Persinos at firstname.lastname@example.org