|The Aviation Job Market:
How to Find - and Keep - the Right People
A Webinar presented by Aviation Today
Thursday, March 13, 2008
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. ET
VIEW ON DEMAND
Schedule this Webinar with your team.
$297 per site location.
An Aviation Today webinar, March 13, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (ET)
A company is only as good as its people - an old axiom that’s particularly true in the high-tech, high-stakes business of aviation. And yet, aviation companies in all niches continue to report a chronic inability to recruit, train and retain sufficiently skilled workers.
How can your business win the fierce competition for talented employees? That’s the subject of this new webinar.
Jobs for crucial positions, such as pilot, mechanic and engineer, go begging or are plagued by high turnover. Paradoxically, aviation continues to enjoy unprecedented prosperity, despite the spectre of recession that haunts the rest of the overall economy. Much of this growth in aviation is propelled by an ever-expanding backlog of aircraft orders and a pressing demand for maintenance work.
You’ll learn the following practical information:
- As experienced pilots retire and older ones are restricted in the amount of hours they can fly, how can operators get the men and women they need to fly their aircraft?
- The avionics industry is burgeoning with new growth and innovations, and yet companies are experiencing difficulty in finding capable engineers with the right skills. How can companies compete for the best engineering talent? Which hiring and retention policies are worth emulating?
- Demand for maintenance is mushrooming, as passenger miles and orders for new aircraft increase. Moreover, upkeep on aging aircraft can no longer be deferred. These factors all translate into huge demand for skilled mechanics - and yet, maintenance shops are having trouble filling their slots. How can the MRO field find the right people for the right job - and what are the best policies to keep them?
- How can online Job Boards assist Human Resources managers in their quest to create the best workplace?
- What are the ramifications for air safety in all of this workplace turmoil?
... and lots more!
|Alison Mayo is partner relationship manager, JobTarget|
|Ramon Lopez is editor-in-chief, Air Safety Week|
|Joy Finnegan is editor-in-chief, Aviation Maintenance magazine|
Publisher/Editorial Director, Aviation Today
You and your entire team can take part in this unique conference brought to you by Aviation Today. You can view it at your desk or gather around a speakerphone in a conference room - no travel required! Each registration comes with access to the archived version of the program and the materials for six months.
Don't miss this exclusive Webinar. Register you and your team today!
It's easy and convenient! You just need RealPlayer or Windows Media Player installed on your computer. If you do not have either, please follow the instructions below to download and install them. Or if you prefer, a phone for the audio and an Internet connection to let you watch the slides and other information on the Web will suffice. No other downloads or special hardware - a dial-up connection will work fine.
- One (1) set of materials (you may make copies for all of the persons you invited to listen to the program);
- One (1) toll-free connection to the seminar (if you select the audio connection), and
- One (1) Internet connection to the seminar.
Use speakers on your computer or speakerphone on your telephone and invite your entire staff to attend for FREE!
For the audio connection:
- A computer with RealPlayer or Windows Media Player installed. When you log into the Virtual Seminar, your computer will be taken through a brief configuration check and will let you know if you're missing any software.
- If you do not have RealPlayer or Windows, a touch-tone telephone will work also. It works best to use a speakerphone so that others can listen too.
For the Internet connection:
- PC: 166Mhz Pentium-based PC or better
- Operating system: Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP
- Browser: For optimal viewing experience, we recommend using Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher. However, any version of IE 4.0 or higher will work. For Netscape, only versions 4.x are supported at this time.
- Internet connection: 28.8 or faster connection
- Display set at 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600
If using Microsoft Windows Media Player, Version 6.4 or later is required.
Download a supported Microsoft Windows Media Player
If using RealPlayer, Version 7.0 or later is required.
Download a supported RealPlayer
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 866-709-8255 or click here.
If you are having any technical difficulties or need assistance meeting these requirements, please contact our Technical Support Center at 866-709-8255 or click here. For content questions regarding this Webinar, contact John Persinos at firstname.lastname@example.org