Wednesday, September 26, 2012
GE to Repair Navy CH-53 Engines
The U.S. Navy has awarded an $83-million contract to General Electric for component repairs and spare parts on the T-64 engine. The 16 engines under the contract power Sikorsky CH-53D/E Super Stallions and MH-53D/E Sea Dragons. GE will also provide engineering, manufacturing and technical support for the Fleet Readiness Center East at Cherry Point, N.C., which will host 90 percent of the engine work, with the remaining 10 percent taking place in Lynn, Mass. The Navy’s completion date for the work is set for March 2014.
Related: Engine News