Monday, July 26, 2004
Plenty Of Aircraft Deals Made At Farnborough
Using the Farnborough Air Show in England as the backdrop, a number of regional aircraft deals were announced in the last week.
- Air New Zealand ordered one ATR 72-500 to be delivered in November. The carrier now has 11 ATR 72s.
- Air Deccan, an Indian low-cost airline, purchased three used ATR 42-500s. It now has seven ATR 42-320s.
- A French regional carrier, Airlnair, purchased five additional used ATR 42-500s. It will have 15 ATR 42s.
- Chip Ganassi Racing took delivery recently of a Dornier 328 Turboprop, which is configured with 31 seats.
- Sun-Air, based in Billund, Denmark, will purchase two Dornier 238 Turboprops from AvCraft. In addition, the carrier will purchase six more 328s from debis Airfinance, which will be delivered beginning in October.
- Spain's Air Nostrum has ordered 20 CRJ 200s in a contract valued at $512 million.
- Adria Airways, based in Ljubljana, Slovenia, has ordered one CRJ 200 as well as taken an option on a second..
- Styrian Spirit, of Graz, Austria, purchased one CRJ 200 valued at $24.2 million. It flies three used CRJ 200s.
- Trans States has converted seven options to buy more ERJ 145s to be part of its United Express fleet.
- Luxair, Luxembourg's airline, is exercising two ERJ 135 options to be delivered in the first quarter of 2005.