Tuesday, April 28, 2015
Global Aerospace Publishes UAS Risk Management White Paper
International insurance provider Global Aerospace has published a white paper discussing the necessity of managing safety and insuring against risk to promote the success of the fast-growing unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market.
The paper, entitled Unmanned Aviation Risk Management, offers a comprehensive view of crucial risk management topics related to unmanned aviation, including:
- The integration of UAS into the National Airspace System
- How unmanned aviation safety must begin to mirror manned aviation
- The role of training, safety culture and safety management systems (SMS) for UAS
- The long-term impact of the FAA’s recent Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for UAS
- Where responsibility for risk is to be placed on manufacturers and operators
- Insurance solutions that can address this fast-evolving industry
The white paper is being made available free of charge, and can be downloaded at: www.global-aero.com/unmanned-aviation-risk-management-accident-prevention-and-insurance
Global Aerospace has provided insurance and expert guidance to UAS operators for several years, from small independent operators to large, military-grade UAS. As aviation regulators around the world actively work to establish guidelines for the safe integration of UAS into the national airspace, Global Aerospace is at the forefront of insuring this new industry, helping manufacturers and operators understand how to improve safety, to minimize risk and to insure against loss and liability.
Individuals interested in learning more about UAS risk and insurance issues, or wishing to speak to an unmanned aviation insurance expert can contact Chris Proudlove at (973) 490-8525 or cproudlove@global–aero.com for more information.
Related: UAS News