August 28, 2014

Air Traffic Communication Modernization Under Way in Hungary

Woodrow Bellamy III 

[Avionics Today 08-28-2014] Hungary's Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) HungaroControl announced the launch of the Central European country's implementation of Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) under the Single European Sky (SES) Air Traffic Management (ATM) modernization project. HungaroControl will finance 80 percent of the $9 million CPDLC deployment, and European Union's (EU) Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T) will finance the remaining 20 percent.      Air...

Read More »

  • Software on NextGen's STARS at Risk

    August 21, 2014 | [Avionics Today 08-21-2014] The FAA's deployment of the Standard Terminal Automation Replacement System (STARS) aspect of its NextGen program is at risk of cost overruns and delays, according to a memo sent to the agency from the Department of...

  • Airlines to Decide Flight Ops as Volcano Threat Looms

    August 20, 2014 | [Avionics Today 08-20-2014] Eurocontrol is "more prepared" to assist with operators dealing with volcanic ash, the agency said in response to a report of an increased risk of the Bárðarbunga volcano system erupting. Iceland's Met Office...

  • LAX Adopts Tablet-Based Incident Management System

    August 13, 2014 | Los Angeles International Airport. Photo: Google Images [Avionics Today 08-13-2014] NICE Systems and AECOM Technology Corporation will help Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) extend its situation management capabilities from the control room to the...

Do you receive Avionics Today?

Avionics Today EletterLearn what's going on in every segment of the avionics industry, including commercial, military, business and general aviation, technology development, training and more.

Sign-up now for Avionics Today (Weekly), it's free!

 

 

  • NAV CANADA and Techno Sky Collaborate on Improved ATM

    August 12, 2014 | Calgary Control Tower Photo: NAV Canada [Avionics Today 08-12-2014] NAV CANADA and Techno Sky will provide to ENAV, Italy's Air Navigation Service Provider, the NAVCANsuite Integrated Tower solution to manage and display critical Air Traffic...

  • OEMS Engage Growing Latin American BizAv Market at LABACE

    August 12, 2014 | [Avionics Today 08-12-2014] Aerospace Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) are in Sao Paulo, Brazil this week for the 11th annual Latin American Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (LABACE). The first day of the conference featured several...

  • Lockheed Martin to Unleash Route Development Technology in Bahrain

    August 6, 2014 | Bahrain International Airport. Photo: Bahrain International Airport [Avionics Today 08-06-2014] Lockheed Martin secured a deal with Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) to implement its route...

Live chat by BoldChat